68502 - Interaction and coexistence in the classroom
68502 - Interaction and coexistence in the classroom
Faculty / School:
107 - Facultad de Educación
202 - Facultad de Ciencias Humanas y de la Educación
301 - Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Humanas
354 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Geography and History
355 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Philosophy
356 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Economics and Business Studies
357 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Mathematics
358 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Technology and IT
359 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Biology and Geology
360 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Physics and Chemistry
361 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Spanish Language and Literature
363 - University Master's in Secondary School / Language Teaching: Foreign Languages - English/French
364 - University Master's in Secondary School / Professional Art Education Teaching: Music and Dance
365 - University Master's in Secondary School / Professional Art Education (Design and Fine Arts) Teaching: Drawing and Fine Arts
366 - University Master's in Secondary School / Professional Development and Sports Teaching: Physical Education
367 - University Master's in Secondary School Teaching: Guidance Counsellor
368 - University Master's in Professional Development Teaching: Industrial Processes
370 - University Master's in Professional Development Teaching: Administration, Sales, Hotel Management, IT ,and Work Training and Guidance
371 - University Master's in Professional Development Teaching: Chemical, Sanitary, Personal Image, Agrarian, Maritime-Fishing, Food and Community Service Processes
First Four-month period
The course “Interaction and Coexistence in the classroom” is part of Phase I "Generic apprenticeships" and, specifically , Module 2 "interaction and coexistence in the classroom", and it is aligned within the fundamental specific competence nº 2: "To promote formative and stimulating coexistence in the classroom ,to contribute to the development of students at all levels and guide them academically and professionally, based on their psychological , social and family characteristics and associated subskills.
It deals in a fair straightforward manner with generic skills 5, 6 and 7 including the subjects of "Psychology and personality development", "Mentoring and guidance" and "Interaction and coexistence in the classroom", grouped administratively in a single course which must be coursed by students of all specialties.
The course is based on a multidisciplinary approach in which scientific progress of developmental psychology; personality psychology, social psychology and psychology of education are integrated.
In this global overview, issues like personality development throughout the life cycle are addressed. Other issues are: the process of construction of identity and the importance of the phenomena related to the interaction, motivation, communication, context, coexistence and the group and its impact on teaching and learning.
This curriculum involves claiming the educational role and counselor must take secondary school teachers, high schools, vocational training, art, sport and language education.
2.1. Learning goals
The student, in order to pass the course, should demonstrate the following results...
- To know, identify and understand the main characteristics of personality consistent with their developmental process (with special emphasis on adolescence and adulthood) from a bio-psycho-social perspective (Competences 1 and 2)
- To design basic motivational strategies related to learning and school environment through observation and knowledge of the behaviours expressed by students in class (Competences 1,2, 9)
- To know and to being able to apply the foundations of mentoring and guidance and be competent to design strategies aimed at students and their families in order to improve their personal, academic and professional development (Competence 8)
- To explain the elements, phases and agents involved in communication, being able to apply this analysis to the classroom interaction and being able to design strategies for social participation that favour coexistence and group cooperation (Competence 3).
- To plan, implement and evaluate active, participatory and collaborative learning teaching methodologies, adapting them to the group process, the relational structure and to processes of classroom interaction (Competences 3, 4 and 5)
- To apply conflict resolution techniques and strategies to foster a focus on equity, emotional education and values , equal rights and opportunities for men and women and use them to plan the resolution of conflicting cases in the educational context (Competences 6, 7 and 9)
5.1. Methodological overview
The methodology followed in this course is oriented towards achievement of the learning objectives.
Students are expected to participate actively in the class throughout the semester.
Classroom materials will be available via Moodle. Further information regarding the course will be provided on the first day of class.
The course will address the following topics:
- Topic 1. Psychology and Personality Development
- Personality Development in Adolescence
- Most frequent issues in adolescence and its impact on the classroom
- Topic 2. Tutoring and orientation
- General aspects of tutorial action
- Programs and Strategies of Tutoring and Orientation
- Tutoring and conflict resolution in the classroom
- Topic 3. Interaction and Communication in the Classroom
- The Classroom as a Group
- Power Relations in the Classroom
- Basic Communication Processes in the Classroom
5.4. Course planning and calendar
For further details concerning the timetable, classroom, office hours, assessment dates and further information regarding this course please refer to the "Facultad de Educación" website (https://educacion.unizar.es/)