28028 - Semantics and Pragmatism of Spanish
1. The study of meaning in Spanish. Types of meaning. Semantics and other linguistic disciplines.
2. Lexical semantics (I). Lexical meaning: definition and characteristics. The structured nature of the Spanish lexicon. Lexical fields. Semantic fields.
3. Lexical semantics (II). Semantic relationships: synonymy, homonymy, polysemy, antonymy, hypernymy, hyponymy, cohyponymy.
4. Grammatical semantics (I). The grammatical meaning.
5. Grammatical semantics (II). Semantic functions in Spanish.
6 The role of pragmatics in the description of Spanish.
7. Basic concepts of pragmatics applied to the study of Spanish.
8. Theoretical trends in linguistic pragmatics.
9. Some aspects of pragmatics applied to Spanish.
5.4. Course planning and calendar
See the academic calendar of the University of Zaragoza (http://academico.unizar.es/calendario-academico/calendario) and the website of the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts (Schedule of classes: https://fyl.unizar.es/horario-de-clases#overlay-context=horario-de-clases; Examination schedule: https://fyl.unizar.es/calendario-de-examenes#overlay-context=)
More information will be provided on the first day of class.