25132 - Graphic Design Workshop I
301 - Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Humanas
a. Presentation of the subject
b. Evaluation systems
c. Teacher presentation
d. Presentation of the literature
2. Theory of graphic design I
a. From the vanguards to the 60.
b. Current graphic designers. Trends.
c. Text analysis for a conceptualization of Graphic Design
3. PRACTICE: Work methodology.
a. Documentation. Booklets. creative process. Resources: drawing, photography, others. digital treatment. Final artwork.
4. Practices. Exercises limited time, finishes and results.
1. Protodiseño of the artistic avant-garde and its influence on graphic design.
a. Notions and history of typography
c. Graphics Workshop Resources: Lettering
d. Experimental typography
e. FontLab technology
3. Custom poster. Contests and customers. Graphic trends. Professional finish.
4. Processes. Printing, artwork and color management
a. Introduction to digital imaging
5. Workshop resources for creating the image.
6. Editorial design I: periodicals
a. Type of publications: Newspapers / Magazines
b. Graphic Design: Referentes.
c. The cover and structure: visual hierarchy of elements.
i. Header design
ii. The art direction and photography for cover.
iii. A graphic system for book covers.
d. Page layout
i. The compositional grid and structuring content
ii. Global design guidelines: master pages, applied typography, images and color.
iii. Composition of complex texts and styles.
e. Pace and sequence of the project: articles, reports, sections, index, advertising, etc.
f. Final preparation for art and digital pre-press / off-set
g. Scheme of continuity or discontinuity in the publishing frequency
h. Printing prototype / mock-ups of the project
7. Workshop conceptual image for newspaper articles.
8. Editorial design II: books and publishing
a. The printed book art book
b. Graphics Workshop resources: bookbinding.
9. Design and rhetoric
a. The metaphors.
a. Visual identity
i. Naming, branding and application font
iii. Visual identity
i. Workshop resources.
ii. Packaging: typologies.
iii. Images and product type. Backgrounds, titles, colors, attention.